Sunday, August 9, 2009

Rodeo, change and magickal mottos



To say that I have been going through a rough patch would be a vast understatement. In the last few months I have been feeling like I have been hit by a truck, a lot.

So some wise girlfriends dragged me off to the above human rodeo. I am not a big fan of crowds and I was going to be going with people I knew and people I had never met. Now there were times in my life when I would have been leading this particular parade, right now I was lucky to catch the ride on a float. I was apprehensive to say the least.

The idea of a human rodeo was just not that exciting to me. I grew up on a ranch, horses and cattle are not mysterious to me. The idea of seeing some incredibly talented belly dancers however was right up my ally. Getting the hell out of Dodge can be a good thing every once in a while.

So as an old costumer I figured if I am going to a human rodeo I am going as a saloon girl. The idea caught on and soon all of my merry band were scrambling for costumes. We by the way looked fabulous. I mean really fabulous in that setting.

Each of us brought with us our own little issues that needed to be worked out and looked at. Sometimes that can only be done in a sisterhood, even if it is an impromptu sisterhood. Each of us dragged our little issues opened them up there and looked at them really closely.

As a magickian I am always looking for what the universe is telling me and I got PLENTY of messages this weekend. There is a lot of change going on right now, but that is OK. It is just change and what remains is ME.

When I started on this magickal path I chose a magickal motto that loosely translates
into "Know thyself". While I have had many opportunities to change it, I hang on to it because I know that I have not quite gotten that lesson fully yet. I am stronger than I think I can be and incredibly weak in some surprising ways. I am not so good at fighting for me. Oh I will fight for a cause and Gods save you if you mess with one of mine, but me... I am not so good at fighting for.

This weekends rodeo was about working with our Nephesh though the ladies would not have called it that. It was getting to know our primal selves and embracing them. I assure you I was not prepared for the messages in the event. It was beautiful and far beyond artistic.

As a magickian they had a raffle, OK I worked a little gambling mojo in our favor and it turns out our little group won about 1/3 of the prizes. The grand prize was a tattoo. I had bought a whole bunch of tickets and put a friends name on a few. A little mojo later the universe saw fit to give her what she wanted. Sometimes we just clear the path and the universe takes care of the rest.

All and all it was incredible. There will be more to come as I process the lessons. Much love to all.

2 comments:

Lavanah said...

With the exception of the actual event (human rodeo), I feel as if I could have written (or perhaps will write) this post. May your issues have been worked, steam usefully and successfully blown, breath taken, and laughs had. (and whatever else is going on, may you remember always that you are much loved.)

Soror Gimel said...

Thank you sister for the words of encrouagement. Life moves in mysterious and often painful ways. It does however move and at the end we have us and fond memories :)