Friday, May 15, 2009

Here Comes the Sun



About fall of last year the sun plaque in my garden went to greener pastures. It just sort of gave up the ghost on me. To say I was befundled would really not even cut it. I have the pieces in my potting box but just have never gotten around to finding THE RIGHT SUN.

The way that Gribbit Grove is set up there are frogs at the quarters. I really did not start out this way, but it sort of evolved. The spiritus loci just have little froggy alter egos. The Sun and Moon plaques flanked the Sun and Moon sections of the Vescia Pisces in the middle of the Grove.

Since it broke I have been searching Etsy ( a fabulous place for handmade stuff... love love love it....) for a replacement. I knew it would show up when it was ready. The above plaque was just ordered today. It was not what I expected it would look like. Like so many things in my life, I work by feel and intuition.

I had been looking for a sun JUST LIKE the one that broke. I am not really good with change despite all of my bravado. Today as I was scouring the site, I found IT. It is a spiral which relates well to the whole druid traditions, but more importantly it FELT right. Yes, I know it is not very scientific yet it is the truth. I work by feel and by intuition much more effectively than by rules and regulations.

The good Frater was kind enough to purchase it as a gift. Today had been a great day on a number of levels. But this, this was the creme de la creme.

I am so giddy I cannot wait!

2 comments:

Susanne Iles said...

oh! I do LIKE your new solar choice... i can see how you are drawn to it.

I'm hoping to head over to Bere Island some time in the near future to visit both a faery bower and a druid's altar. Historically Bere Island was a known druidic enclave where the groves and some of the artifacts (like the altar) are still present. I'll send along pics when I take them. (especially if I find any spirals :) )

Soror Gimel said...

Ooooh that would be incredible. I am only slightly ... no seriously jealous! Wow thank you!