Friday, January 23, 2009

Sentimental Journey




My universe is driven through the power of visual images. I am a kinetic sort of soul and if you want me to "get it" then I have to actually do something. This is just how my universe is wired.

Sometimes when words fail us, pictures speak volumes.

I have always felt that the veil between life and death is very thin. With the good Fraters grandmother being very ill, she sent me some pictures. As I was driving by the hospital I got a very clear flash of her and her husband dancing the night away to "Sentimental Journey". She was a young woman, maybe it was of her wedding. She was laughing and madly in love with her young husband. If this was what was awaiting her passing I knew that she could not wait to go. She would indeed be most upset to have to come back to this mortal coil.

Now I have no way of knowing if those images were her in particular or were my minds way of comforting itself. No one likes to think of passings, but if these images were "real" and we can completely debate relatity later, then Godspeed dancing the night away dear heart.

No comments: