Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lioness cub

This long weekend was interesting and frustrating all at the same time. On Thanksgiving I tripped at my parents and twisted my ankle. I could tap dance through a mine field and walk out unscatted (don't ask ... yes) but a 1/2 step... oh deadly! I had big plans on what I wanted to get accomplished mundanely and magickally this weekend. I was channeling my Taurus ascendant and for once the good Frater was going to be able to get some use out of it :) All that changed in about a nanosecond.

My glorious 4 day weekend suddenly consisted of a Darvon haze and a lot of ace bandages. The good Frater was kind enough to put the lines on the Enochian table and I had the equivalent of an adult coloring weekend. Foot with ice pack on it trying to color within the lines. Occasionally it even worked.

The noteable except to this was a strong and loud hamster kick to get down to an event for a dear child, who I will affectionately call the Lioness cub. The hamster considered this nonnegotiable and I was quite curious as to why. Usually he is really quiet on other peoples stuff. This was a full furry paw to the back of the head. Long ago I learned not to argue with that and just accept it. It works out better for everyone that way.

When we got there, I was assigned a task specifically suited to my piscean nature. I was still in quite a Darvoset haze and had to contemplate how to accomplish this task effeciently and wisely. The concepts of drawing on water elementals and other such spirits was quickly nixed by the hamster "She does not need that kind of help..."came through very clearly. I wandered to the fire and contemplated (please read prayed fervently for guidance from Nuit, Isis and any other maternal types about) I immediately got "Your tools are not her tools" and a little poem of wisdom popped into my head. I literally breathed a sigh of relief.

As we began I gimped over. I decided to stand because I am an impossibly stubborn woman. The good Frater brought over a chair but I insisted on doing my flamingo impersonation for as long as possible. When the time came for my bit I formed a ball of balanced emotional water and dropped it where I was supposed to. At the same time I whispered the poem into her ear. I cannot for the life of me tell you the exact words.

As this progressed I went to feel my foot and I couldn't. It didn't hurt, it didn't ache, it didn't feel like it was there. I continued to flamingo fairly comfortably. As soon as it was over, my foot hurt like I had been standing on it too long. Curiouser and curiouser.

I think that I understand now why the hamster kicked me and I am most honored to be a part of it.

More to come when I have brains without drugs.

No comments: