Saturday, May 10, 2008

Just like starting over

I have tried several times to get over the hurdle of writing my magickal experiences. Well to be honest, I have had a hard time writing anything of personal substance since I was 12. As it was pointed out, I am no longer 12 and it is time to ovum up and get over it. So here goes.

At this point in my journey I have wandered and stumbled down several magickal paths for the last 7 years. I am a Thelemite, a Druid and am heavily influenced by the Golden Dawn. Most importantly I am a working magickian. So in essence I have cobbled my own style of sex magick, Earth magick and Qabalah into my Way. It does a hell of a good job of scaring the neighbors when I work in the grove or the backyard. Along the way I have changed the most important thing in magick - ME. It has been an interesting ride and it is far from over. The journey has also taught me to listen to the one constant in this process - me and my many forms of higher self.

Sometimes the process of listening to what the universe has to tell you, is the hardest part of the unflinching Work. I have learned that while sticking my fingers in my ears and screaming "LALALALA" may feel like a solution - it never really works :)

So my goal is to explain my process and hope that others along the journey can share the laughter and the tears. If we are all very lucky we might even be able to borrow some magickal technique and avoid a pothole or two. Though when I started down this path I was reminded that we all make mistakes and if I did not "it would make you an anomaly." I can assure you that I have been very very normal.

No comments: